Hassan b. Mohammad Ba-Surah
حسن بن محمد باصرة
22/12/2008 تحديث آخر
Mise à jour le 22/12/2008
Updating on 22/12/2008
Hassan b. Mohammad BA-SURAH
King Abdulaziz University, Jaddah, Saudia
Office Address: Astronomy Department, P.O.Box 80203,
Faculty of Science, KAAU, Jeddah 21589, KSA.
Phone: (2) 6952285 - (2) 6400000 ext. 4125.
Fax.: (2) 6400736 - (2) 6952284.
e-mail: hbasurah@ kau.edu.sa
د. حسن بن محمد باصرة
جامعة الملك عبد العزيز
قسم الفضاء والفلك
Dr. Hassan b. Mohammad BA-SURAH is:
* Ph. D. Glasgow Univiversity, UK, 1991.
* Head of Astronomy Department, KAAU.
* Teaching the following courses: General Astronomy, Computer Application in Astronomy, Binary Stars & Stellar Radiation. He is operating Academic supervision of the students in the department, translating English Astronomical book into Arabic.
* He is member of the International Amateur-Professional Photoelectric Photometry (IAPPP), of the International Astronomical Union (IAU), and of the Arab Union for Astronomy and Space Sciences (AUASS).
Meeting and Workshops :
He attended the following meetings workshops:
* British Astronomical meeting, Glasgow, UK, 1989;
* Astronomical meeting at KSU, Riyadh 1993;
* 20th NSO/Sacramento Peak Summer Workshop: Advanced Solar Polarimetry - Theory, Observation, and Instrumentation, Sac Peak, NM, USA. September 2000;
* International Symposium on physical processes associated with the sun. China, 2002;
* Solar cycle and space weather. 2003, Vico Equence Italy;
* First international Symposium on Space climate,” Direct and Indirect observations of long-term solar activity. 2004, Oulu, Finland;
* International Association of Geomagnetism and Aeronomy. The IAGA Scientific Assembly in Toulouse, 18-29 July 2005;
* UN/ESA/NASA Workshop 20-23 November 2005 United Arab Emirates University Al-Ain, UAE;
* IAU Symposium 233, Solar activity and its magnetic origin, 2006, Cairo, Egypt;
* Saudi Astronomical meeting (1st 2003, 2th 2005) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia;
* The Arab Astronomical Conference (Amman, 3th-1998,4th-2000,5th-2002,7th-2005;
* Astronomy in the Gulf (2000- Kawat , 2002- Kawat, 2003- AUE, 2004- Oman);
* The 4th conference on Environment and Natural Resources, 14-16 May 2007, Yemen, Taiz;
* The Eight Arab Conference on Space Science and Astronomy organized by the Arab Union for Astronomy and Space Sciences in cooperation with Tunisian Science and Youth Society on March 20 to 23, 2007, Tunisian - Jarbah;
* The 1st astronomical forum for young and amatures in astronomy and space sciences, 25-30 August 2007, Syria, Lattakia;
* Applications of Astronomical calculations to Islamic Issurs, 13-14 December 2006, UAE, Abu-Dhabi;
* World Space Environment Forum (WSEF 2007) 20 to 25 October 2007, Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria, Egypt;
* The First International Conference on Arabs' & Muslims' History of Sciences. The Impact of Arabic and Islamic Sciences on Human Civilization, University of Sharjah, March 24-27, 2008
* The dynamics of teaching excellence, The center for teaching and learning development, KAAU, KSA, November 9-13,1991;
* Evaluation of teaching, The center for teaching and learning development, KAAU, KSA, November 30-December 4, 1991; How to write and publish a research paper, The center for teaching and learning development, KAAU, KSA, January 11-15, 1992;
* Promoting effective teaching and learning, The center for teaching and learning development, KAAU, KSA, January 22-27,1992; *
Study skills, The center for teaching and learning development, KAAU, KSA, December 12, 1993.
* Good Evaluation : Acritical Port of Good Teaching, 5 - 9/2/1994;
* Refercenig Research Papers, 1998;
* Quality Standards of Stall members Academic performanc 26 June 1999;
* Evaluating Teaching Effectiveness 1997;
* Scientific Metlodology in research planning 11 - 13 Oct. 1999.
* « Air Drag effect on the motion of an artifical Earth satellite », wtih Y. M. Almleaky, Y. E. Helali, A. A. Malawi, A. A. Goharji and M.N. Esmaial, Earth, Moon and Planets 73 (1996), 109-115.
* « An investigation of Lunar luminescence by spectropolarimetry », with D. Clarke, Icarus 88 (1990), 396-406.
* « Auroral Events Observed in Saudi Arabia During 1830s », in Historical events and people in aeronomy, geomagnetism and olar-terrestrial physics, ed. by Wilfried Schroder, 2005.
* « Auroral Evidence for Early High Solar Activities », Solar Physics J., 225 (2005), 209-212.
* « Broad Band Filter Colours And Optical Depth of the G and L Impact Sites of Comet Shoemaker-Levy9 », with M. A. Al-Saud, A. A. Malawi, and Y. M. Almleaky, Earth , Moon and Planets, 75 (1996), 147-155.
* « Determination of Intrinsic Color Indices of Globular Clusters and the Coefficients of Differential Absorption », with Y. M. Almleaky, M. A. Sharaf, A. Malawi, and A. A. A. Goharji, JKAU: Sci., 13 (2001), 31-48.
* « Diurnal variation of the linear polarization across the Hb Fraunhofer line of the Terrestrial Atmosphere », i, Astrophysics and Space Science, 192 (1992), 21-33, et ii, 35-44.
* « Estimating a new date for the Wabar meteorite impact », Meteoritic & Planetary Science, 38 (2003), 155-156.
* « Flare development in active region NOAA 6891, 30 October 1991 », with A. A. Malawi, Y. M. Almleaky, and F. Y. Kamal, Solar Physics, 158 (1995), 383-386.
* « Investigation of the Solar Rotation using Group of Sunspots in 1985-1999 », with Y. M. Almleaky, A. A. A. Goharji and A. Malawi, The Second Solar Cycle and Space Weather Euroconference, ESA SP477, (2002), 24-29.
* « The KAAU Solar Observatory », IAPPP. Communications 62, Autumn 1996, 1-4.* « Polarization measurements of the ring effect in th daytime sky », with D. Clarke, Planet. Space Sci., xxxvii, no. 5 (1989), 627-630.
* « New additional material of meteor showers during 9th – 19th centuries », JKAU: Sci., 2008, (In press).
* « Nile flooding fluctuations and its possible connection to the long solar variability », Journal of Arab Association Universities for Basic and Applied Sciences 1 (2005), 9-25.
* « The recoded meteors and meteors showers in the Islamic History » (in Arabic), JKAU: Sci.,16 (2004), 3-17.
* « The recoded comets in the Islamic History » (in Arabic), JKAU: Sci.,16 (2004), 19-32.
* « Records of aurora in the Islamic chronicles during 9th to 16th centuries », Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics 68 (2006), 937-941.
* « On the solar radial velocities », with A. A. A. Goharji, M. A. Sharaf, Y. M. Almleaky and A. Malawi, JKAU: Sci.13 (2001), 3-12.
* « The solar activity maximum of cycle no. 22 from KAAU solar observatory », with Y. M. Almleaky and A. A. Malawi, Astrophysics and space science, 215 (1994), 131-133.
* « Spectroscopic Observations at the Time of the SL9 Impacts », with M. A. Al-Saud, A. A. Malawi and Y. M. Al-Mleaky, JKAU: Sci. 9 (1997), 53-57.*« Starbright high speed Lunar occultation photoelectric photometry », with A. A. Malawi and Y. M. Almleaky, IAPPP. Communications 57, Autumn 1994, 4-7.
* « Sunspot Evolution in The Vicinity of a large Solar Flare in AR 6891 », with Y. M. Almleaky and A. A. Malawi, Journal of the Korean Astronomical Society 29 (1996), 317-319.
* « Sunspot observations at KAAU solar observatory »,with Y. M. Almleaky and A. A. Malawi, Astrophysics and space science, 222 (1994), 227-231.
* « Temperature increasing trend due to solar activity during recent four decades at Saudia », with Y. M. Almleaky, M. A. Sharaf, A.A. Malawi and M. A. M. Shaltout, Bulletin of Pure and Applied Sciences, 23D (2004), 149-162.* « Variations of perturbations in perigee height with eccentricity for artificial Earth’s satellites due to air drag », with Y. E. Helali, Earth, Moon, and Planets, 64 (1994), 133-137.
Back to the wellcome Page
العودة الى صفحة اﻹستقبال
Pour tout contact:
For contacting us: